2 ViewsMt. Geumdang
- Neighboring facilities and buildings : Wonkwang University Oriental Medicine Hospital, Pungam District, Pungam Reservoir
Size and facilities
- Total trail distance: 9.6km
- Summit course: 4.6km from Wonkwang University Oriental Medicine Hospital to Oknyeobong Peak, Geumdangsan Mountain, Hwangsaebong Peak, and Pungam Reservoir
- Circut course: 3.6 km from Wonkwang University Oriental Medicine Hospital to Sinam Church, behind Jungheung Apartments , behind Namyang Apartments and Pungam Reservoir
- Main course: 1.6km
- Sinam Church - Ongnyeobong Peak : 0.3km
- Jungheung Apartment - Summit : 0.5km
- Namyang Apartment - Hwangsaebong Pavilion : 0.3km
- Dongbu Centerville - Hwangsaebong Peak : 0.5km
- 2 octagonal pavilions, 1 traditional pavilion, 1 multi-purpose shelter, 104 chairs
- Sports facilities: 55 ea of 10 types including iron rods / 17 direction boards
- It is about 300m high and surrounds the Pungam district like a folding screen, where its summit is located between Oknyeobong peak and Hwangsaebong peak
- There are several trails, but the most common is the course that starts from Wonkwang University Oriental Medicine Hospital and goes down to Pungam Reservoir.
- The number of visitors is increasing due to the development of housing sites in the Pungam district. To make it easy for the elderly and children to use, a circular promenade with a gentle slope at the bottom of Mt. Geumdang was opened by utilizing the scenic greenery of the Pungam district, and about 1,000 people, including Western residents and Gwangju citizens, enjoy taking a walk every day. It is also used for children to learn about nature by installing tree name tags (170 trees of 64 species, including pine trees) along the trail.