Places worth visiting
Address: 4 lots including 869-9, Ssangchon-dong, Seo-gu, Gwangju
Neighboring attractions: 518 Freedom Park, Hyangnimsa Temple
- Park size and facilities
- Music fountain, Floor fountain, Mokgyo Tech, Mountain stream, Octagonal pavilion, etc.
- Circuit trails: 1.0km
- Constructed in 1951 to supply agricultural water to the farmland in Maruk-dong and to prevent disasters
- It was located in the center of the city due to the large-scale development of housing sites (Geumho, Sangmu districts) nearby, and the upstream water source was depleted, and the wastewater was inflowed, making it a habitat for odors and pests, which caused various civil complaints. In 1995, as a result of blocking the inflow of sewage and wastewater and supplying clean water, the self-cleaning ability was restored and transformed into a natural ecological park where various birds fly.
- Major Birds: Grebe, Gallinule, Egret, Spotbill duck, Heron, etc.
- Major aquatic plants: Lotus, Allheal, Water chest, dwarf, Hydrilla verticillata., Aerial-rooting bulrush, Watergrass, etc.
- No time limit or restriction