Places worth visiting
Address: Area of 20 Pungam-dong, Seo-gu, Gwangju
Neighboring attractions: Seogu National Sports Center, Yeomju Gymnasium, World Cup Stadium
Park size and facilities
Size : 80,511㎡
- Key facilities
- Park facilities: Plaza, Theme garden, Children's playground, Walking trail, Mt. Yumyeong flower complex, etc.
- Sports facilities: Multi-purpose playground, Basketball, volleyball, gate-ball, foot volleyball, tennis court, etc.
- Landscaping facilities: Chojeong, Pavilion, Water wheel, etc.
- Physical training facilities: Chest stretch, Waist rotation, Parallel bar, Sit-ups, Hip stretch, etc.
- Trees: 36,446 trees of 166 species, including pine trees
- Herbaceous Flowers: 425,040 flowers of 179 species, such as hyacinth, etc.
- Pungam Life Sports Park is a park created as a natural ecological space where nature lives and breathes by reorganizing the space that was devastated by the severe odor caused by the landfilling of general household waste and briquettes discharged from the Seo-gu district for three years and six months from June 30, 1991 to December 31, 1994. You can see the flames of burning gas year-round through the gas vent, which shows that this place used to be a landfill site.
- Various trees and wildflowers that are native to Korea are planted here. Various fruit trees, protected plants, and crop plants stimulate the nostalgia of the residents in the city, and the Mt. Yumyeongsan's Wildflower Complex, which represents one of the nation's famous mountains, provides a habitat for various creatures such as insects and birds and is used as a learning place for young people to experience nature.
- Park facilities: Open all year round (However, limited if necessary for the management of wildflowers and protected plants)
- Sports facilities
- Summer season (April ~ October) : 06:00 ~ 19:00
- Winter season (November ~ March) : 07:00 ~ 17:00